Monday, April 18

Crud City, and a Ping Pong Revelation.

I have an ethics exam on Thursday. I did not know of this until five minutes ago. Crud city. I am also supposed to read Rawls for a quiz tomorrow. Not happening. Deep depression.

Also, Damien Rice is playing a free show on the South Oval Thursday night AFTER I leave for Houston. This is the third time I have missed him, slightly. Deeper depression.

While playing/losing ping pong I came to a great revelation, or perhaps it came to me--however these things work, it happened: "Oh, my word." equals "Oh, my God." because "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Maybe this is obvious and has been common knowledge for some time. The idea of the Word being God is an interesting one to a linguistics major (and perhaps to lesser English majors of higher than average intelligence), but one of too much note to be discussed this late and in such a short blog entry. To me, this "taking in vain" was a revelation. Why? I don't know. If you were as bad at ping pong as I am, you too might be subject to mid-game epiphanies of little brilliance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home