Monday, April 11

Lucy the Elephant, Arabic, Magazines Bought: in no particular order.

Well, it is Monday. I woke in time for lunch and ping pong. Anthropology was a tad boring, but perhaps because the whole time I was trying to figure out my schedule for next year. I want to take a sixteen hour session in Arabic the summer of '06 in Washington, D.C.--with a few more classes I would be able to add a minor in Arabic. It's in the air, since I haven't taken a single course in the subject yet. I should be set to graduate with a few extra hours in spring of '07. We'll see.

I have been listening to the Es in itunes today. Ed Harcourt to Eisley to Elliot Smith, repeat. Ocasionally I will mix in a little something, some French Kicks or Teenage Fanclub. Duke lent me the second Album Leaf CD last night and it is pretty incredible. I especially like the last song, entitled, Over the Pond.

I purchased the April edition of Poetry yesterday, with a lovely cover for NPM. Also bought the April issue of The Believer, which I have so far enjoyed, despite its at-times-obnoxiously-so self-conciousness.

Makes me think about Common Tongue, my nonprofit. I need to work on the web site. I am going to edit the bylaws tomorrow and prepare my packet for the lovely IRS. I need to inform the DA of OK that I will be operating in Oklahoma. I need a few multi-million dollar grants to make a building similar to Lucy the Elephant. Mine, however, will be in the shape of a donkey. Perhaps I will install an elevator in a leg, and an auditorium in its belly. I think I would name it Eliot. Any ideas for suitable donkey names?

I guess that is it for now. The Harcourt song, Born in the 70s speaks of how sensational life is. Reminds me of a quote I thought was by St. Augustine. I can't find it though--I'll have to make some phone calls. It has to do with the miracle of each day, and our failure to recognize it for what it is. More on this later.

More on many thing laters, actually. I am going to bed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you not tell me when you get new magazines you are excited about, do you think I don't care? Please don't leave out exciting details about your life :(. Yes, you need to work on Common Tongue. I support you and will help you in anyway I can, now lets get going!!!

I love you. You always amaze me. You put the sky to shame.

-Sydneyann

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to tell your paretns about your blog. I know they would enjoy it!

I love you!

-Bebe

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, why aren't you marrying me? You're so smart and learned. I'll wait for you....

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home