Thursday, July 28

Relapse

It is deep evening and I have newly purchased Sufjan Stevens invites you to: Come on feel the Illinoise and Sufjan Stevens presents . . . Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lake State. George recommended them to me over tricolored pasta here at home.

Here is a list: Things that have happened since my last blogpost:

Idyllwild, California.

New apartment.
New dog, Okiedoke. 1
Pre-wedding craziness.
Marriage. 2
Cancun, Q. Roo, MX.
ANTH 4953 American Popular Culture. 3
OU Alumni Outreach Program. 4
Birthday. 5
No more OU Alumni Outreach Program. 4

Notes on the list "Things that haave happened since my last blogpost:"
1. Okiedoke has since gained three ounces, to weigh in at 2lb 1ooz. She has a hernia that will be repaired along with the cleaning of her teeth on Monday August 1. Please keep her in mind. 2. Yes. 3. Final on Monday. Paper of Jessica Simpson ("Chicken or Fish?") due on Monday. I am now a neomarxist, feminist, anti-consumerism crazy. 4. "Best job on campus," worst job on the planet. I lasted two weeks before I cracked--glorified telemarketing is not for me. New job? Chairman, Common Tongue. 5. Family visited. Seven in a two room apt. for three days. Excitement! My wife gave me a twelve-drawered tea furniture and my mother gave me a copy of The Royal Tenenbaums signed by Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson.

I am writing a poem about turn-of-the-century wrestlers (called hookers). Why I use so many hyphens in the phrase "turn of the century" escapes me.

A brownie in the stomach is worth two in the oven.

I will make good of this concept.

Now.

And ride my bike.





1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Welcome back, sir. Quite an exciting life you have.

That's it. Just wanted to say hello.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home